More information will be circulated soon – we cannot wait to open the courts on the 29th March!
Plus junior coaching is due to resume in April and club hoodies are almost ready!! Members will be emailed with all details.
Read the full article at the link above!
Rufforth Tennis Club: update on court use
Following latest guidance from the Government and LTA on the easing of restrictions, we have updated our own arrangements for play on RTC courts with immediate effect.
Rufforth Tennis Club’s priority remains to ensure the safety of all its members.
- Members must abide by the government and LTA guidelines, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres where possible; regular washing of hands, limit contact with other people and practice public advice for hygiene. Social distancing applies on and off the court whilst waiting to play and or watching sessions.
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles.
- Recreational tennis including competitions can now be played. Club nights for adult members will continue on a Monday and Thursday evenings from 1830.
- Coached sessions will be limited to groups of no more than 15 juniors, (plus coaches) and numbers will be at the discretion of our coaches Junior coaching will normally take place on Tuesday & Wednesday on the third court 1600 -1900. Those being coached should complete a membership form to ensure continued use of RTC courts.
- Rufforth Tennis Club is also advising members who play to use hand sanitiser/alcohol gel before and after touching tennis nets, court door handles, net tapes and locks to keep all members safe.
- Members are encouraged to visit the LTA website to familiarise themselves with further play and safety advice.
- As per our new club guidelines, guests are now welcome to play at a cost of £5 per session payable to the secretary (maximum 3 sessions per annum). Payment and contact details (for track and trace purposes in line with government guidelines) should be given to the secretary or a committee member.
- New members are very welcome to apply to join RTC and this will be processed once the necessary application forms are returned.
- The toilet facilities are available for use where necessary and hygiene standards should be adhered to by individuals at their own discretion.
- If someone who has played at RTC develops symptoms of Covid-19, they should follow the Government “test & trace” guidelines.
- The RTC committee are relying on members to follow a responsible approach to these guidelines and not to abuse the use of the courts or guidelines, thereby ensuring the safety of all members. We will continue to monitor government and LTA guidance providing further updates as appropriate.
Please enjoy your tennis but stay alert, keep yourself and others safe by following these guidelines.